Studio Sands In-house Competition
10 June 2017
Studio Sands Studio A
No Audition required.
Registration closes 5 May 2017.
(Register to get 5 free pp sessions)
Sign me up for the In-house Competition!
- Entry is open to anyone aged over 18 years.
- Entry is open to Students who have enrolled in courses in Studio Sands in the past 6 months.
- No Audition is required.
- To ensure commitment, there will be a deposit fee of $50/pax for solo performance and $100/group for group performance required upon registration. 100% of deposit will be refunded on competition day.
- Performances must be between 2.5 – 4.5 minutes long.
- Competitors are permitted to use any props, sets, costuming, additional performers, sound effects, performance apparatus or footwear, provided that the venue allows for it physically and it can be set up and completely removed in under two minutes.
Glitter/powder/confetti are not not allowed
- Use of both static and spin poles required in the routine on day of competition.
- Event is unticketed.
Miss Legendary Unicorn ♥(Overall Winner)
- Performance (55%) – Overall showmanship of the performer, this includes choreography and entertainment aspect of the item. Musical interpretation, rhythm and flow of the routine will also be considered.
- Audience engagement (15%)
- Musical Interpretation/Choreography/entertainment value (20%)
- Costume (10%)
- Ease of transitions (10%)
- Technicality (45%) – Difficulty and execution of tricks. The range of tricks, transitions (between tricks and floor moves from one pole to the other will be considered)
- Flexibility based moves (15%)
- Strength based moves (15%)
- Dynamic moves (15%)
Warrior Princess ♠(Trickster)
- Technicality (60%)
- Flexibility based moves (20%)
- Strength based moves (20%)
- Dynamic moves (20%)
- Uniqueness of moves (20%)
- Overall showmanship (20%)
Dancing Queen ♦
- Performance (100%)
- Audience engagement (30%)
- Musical Interpretation/Choreography/entertainment value (40%)
- Costume (10%)
- Ease of movement between poles (20%)
POLES AND SETUP
Any two poles within Studio A of Studio Sands. One on spinning and one on static.
CLOTHING AND SHOES
Competitors must wear “suitable dance attire” at all times. “Suitable dance attire” used herein is defined as having at least the minimal coverage of a bottom garment, not lower at the waist than the pelvic bones. The bottom must completely cover the gluteal cleft. The top garment must cover as much skin as a regular bra. All intimate body parts must be covered.
Violation of the dress code requirement can lead to disqualification or point deduction.
Competitors may wear boots, shoes or perform with bare feet.
PHOTOGRAPHY AND FILMING
Competitors agree to be filmed throughout the competition and must sign an agreement at the venue to this extent.
All photography and footage remains the property of Studio Sands. Competitors have no right to compensation for photography and footage made as part of the competition.
Competitors agree that all photography and footage can be used by Studio Sands for promotional, advertising and commercial purposes. Competitors may be required to appear on TV, film, print, or other media for the purposes of publicity and promotion.
Spectators may use cell phone or tablet devices to take photographs and videos for their personal use, provided that the device is held no higher than shoulder height if seated, so as not to obstruct the view of the other spectators, or in designated areas to the back and/or sides of the seating area. All other camera types are not permitted except by those used by approved media representatives with a media pass from the event organizers.
Terms and Conditions
- Studio Sands is not liable for any injury or damage incurred by any competitor or performer during any stage of the competition.
- Studio Sands reserves the right to disqualify, and/or bar from entry to a future competition, any competitor who breaches the rules and regulations of the competition.
- Studio Sands reserves the right to make modifications to the rules, regulations, terms and conditions of the competition at any time.
- If any changes are deemed necessary for safety reasons, it will take place immediately and Studio Sands will make every effort to inform competitors as soon as possible either orally or in writing.
- Studio Sands will not be held liable for any expenses incurred by the competitor’s participation in the competition.
- Studio Sands will not be held liable to any competitor or performer for any loss or expenses suffered either directly or indirectly resulting from a breach of PSO terms and conditions.
- Studio Sands is committed to the highest standards of health and safety at all stages of the competition. Part of our commitment to health and safety will be to ensure that all equipment used (namely, but not limited to the pole(s) used) are used to manufacturer’s guidelines. Studio Sands will be using removable X-Stage lite pole(s) throughout the competition and cannot be responsible for any damage to property or injury to persons or third parties during the use of this product.
- Any issues not already addressed within this document or on the Studio Sand’s website or associated Studio Sands materials will be made by Studio Sands in due course. If any provision of these terms and conditions is or becomes invalid, void, illegal or unenforceable, the validity, existence, legality and enforceability of the remaining provisions shall not be affected, prejudiced or impaired.